Wednesday 17 April 2013

Avocado + Chocolate = yum!

I realize that I have been AWOL since Thanksgiving and I have no excuses.

Here is something I whipped up tonight which is surprisingly delicious. I'm not usually one for "vegan-esque" recipes, but I am cuckoo over avocados and will try any recipe with them. *note* I used dairy and processed cocoa (very non-vegan ingredients).

Avocado Chocolate Pudding
2 ripe avocados (about 2 cups)
6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
5 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 to 1/3 c milk, water, soy milk, almond milk, whatever you'd like
1 tsp vanilla
pinch salt

Blend everything in a food processor. Add more milk for desired consistency, and maple syrup for desired sweetness. Chill and then serve.


5 comments:

  1. This looks awesome - maybe I can get my family to eat avocados after all. Don't tell Ralph. Do you think I can get the smooth texture with a simple blender? (I don't own a food processor.) spot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its worth a try Sara--as long as your avocados are ripe the blender should be able to get the right texture. I found that I had to add more milk to make it not so avocado-ey tasting.

      Delete
  2. 1. Hooray! So glad you are posting again.

    2. Did you use real maple syrup, or the cheapy stable syrup I usually get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used real maple syrup, but I didn't have enough so I added some honey and then a bit of white sugar. maple syrup is the "healthier" option instead of loading it up with white sugar. aunt jemima won't do it justice.

      Delete
  3. I just made this. And I thought "dear, avacado-chocolate yumminess... where have you been all my life?". It makes a good thick pudding, without feeling heavy in your tummy. Nice work, Lou. (and yes, I added a wee bit of white sugar myself, since I only had 'light' maple syrup, not the good medium sweet stuff).

    ReplyDelete